The natural hair evolution is major. Lot’s of women are saying goodbye to chemicals and embracing their natural mane. Natural hair care is no joke, I’ve heard many women in lengthy discussions about hairstyles and hair care products. The sharing of information is always a good look, so when I stumbled upon essential oils for natural hair on Pinterest, I thought that it was useful information that needed to be shared.
Oils are very important in hair care. They provide the ingredients needed for growth and maintenance. Natural, unrefined oils are perfect for natural hair.
Here are 5 oils to use to care for your natural hair:
- Jojoba Oil: this oil is the most similar to natural hair sebum.
- works as an excellent moisturizer,
- reduces dandruff
- prevents hair frizz
- removes build up around hair follicles.
2. Castor Oil: is considered the best oil to use to rejuvenate your edges.
- improves scalp circulation,
- helps (re) grow and thickens hair,
- makes hair fuller and adds shine,
- moisturizes and seals preventing breaking and split ends.
3. Coconut Oil: for best results only buy pure unrefined coconut oil.
- deeply conditions from the inside of the strands out,
- perfect detangler
- provides protein
- eliminates dandruff.
4. Avocado Oil: is high in protein and works great as a leave in.
- penetrates the hair,
- smooths hair cuticles,
- helps to prevent future damage
- contains many nutrients such as vitamins A, B, D, E, protein, amino acids, iron, copper, magnesium, and folic acid.
5. Olive Oil: is a great sealant.
- penetrates the hair
- useful for hair growth
- helps with dandruff, frizz, and shine
- contains vitamins A & E which helps to repair damaged hair.
Of course, hair is different and the products that might work for Jane might not necessarily work for Janice. Before you apply new products to your hair know your hair porosity (how well your hair can absorb moisture), read labels carefully, and consult with your hairdresser, a fellow natural hair sister or Google.