The month of May is about to start, that means you have about three months to shed that weight and get your body ready in time for all the crazy events happening in the month of August. How do you do this? We at MagLYFE want to recommend a few tips that, once followed diligently, will help you to reach that target.
1. Eat less junk – This is a very common weight loss tip but people don’t seem to remember it, especially when they are sitting behind their desk at work or sitting in front of the television at home, or on the road running between meetings. It is so easy to stop at a shop and pick up a “sweet drink” or a burger and fries, or chocolate chipped cookies… “Yum” might be what comes to mind, but after consumption these foods lower your energy level, add a few pounds on you and cause illnesses such as diabetes, heart disease and arthritis. Instead of the Junk, replace it with protein-packed snacks, such as one stick of string cheese, a tablespoon of peanut butter or a piece of fruit. So next time you walk in a store/supermarket/fast food restaurant ask yourself: “Will this do me good?
2. Cut the Carbs in half – You can’t take carbs from Guyanese: (bread, flour, rice, pasta) but too much of anything is bad for you, these foods included. Apart from weight gain, the overindulgence of Carbohydrates can cause blood sugar levels to rise which lead to many other ailment. So, try to eat half of the bread, flour products, rice or pasta you’d normally have and whole grains to your diet, which will help you feel fuller.
3. Write down your Eating sins, then right them – Get a pen and a book and write down everything (food related) that enters your mouth before you eat it. Studies show that that will help you to make decisions about the foods you eat 15 percent less food in a month. Nothing like a guilt trip with your meals ….
4. Make fruits and vegetables your best friends – I don’t think we need to elaborate on the benefits of eating fruits and vegetables. What we will say is: Just do it! Add fruits to your breakfast menu. It helps to detox the body and will help you lose weight. Add vegetables to your lunch menu. A Pennsylvania State University research finds that eating water-rich foods such as tomatoes and cucumbers during meals reduces your overall calorie consumption. So, start adding now and reach to a place where it is not an option, fruits and vegetables should become a normal part of your everyday meal plans.
5. Walk away the weight – we don’t like the term “exercise” because people make it sound like an additional burden one must carry in life. Really, regular physical activity should be a part of your lifestyle. More so if the aim is to lose these pounds by August. The recommendation is simple: Start walking for at least 30 minutes every day. Get to the National Park or the sea walls, take a friend or get an ipod. Get fit and watch the weight go. If you cannot commit to that then find a gym. There are several all across Guyana just waiting to help you lose the weight you want.
These 5 tips will help you to see results as you stick to the plan and commit to losing the weight and getting fit.
Note well: 1. Do not expect to lose the weight you put on in 5 years in 2 weeks. Be realistic with the goals and keep with the programme. Results will come in due time. 2. After the weight is gone, do not go on a binge spree. If you want to stay healthy then maintenance is the key to it all. 3. Check out exercise tips from the internet and your gym instructor so you can get additional information to help you during this process.
We wish you a happy healthy life as you start your weight loss activities…