Life (Lyfe) is a precious flower, depending on the care we provide it’s able to blossom into something beautiful. Life is who we are, the care we provide speaks to the opportunities we capitalize on and the skills we learn along the way. Life blossoms when we’re able to make an impact, when we can give without wanting and when we’ve increased our value.
I used this simple activity in a workshop recently to help persons to ascertain their value in life. This is an activity of introspection, it allows persons to understand aspects of their personality and behaviour and to help in the development of one’s self.
The list of 20 questions below will allow you to evaluate your life and help you to make necessary adjustments in any particular area of your life. This is a personal examination, find a quiet place and read these questions to yourself. It is important that you’re absolutely honest with yourself. We all need to work a little more in some areas of our lives, the earlier we identify them the better for us.
Inhale, exhale, go …
- What new things have you learned over the past 12 months? Or understood better?
- What new skills have you gained?
- What have you made, built or created during the past 12 months?
- What books have you read this year? If you can’t read, what have you done about this?
- In what areas of life are you more disciplined?
- What have you done to take greater responsibility for your personal life?
- What have you done to take greater responsibility for your family’s life?
- What have you done to take greater responsibility for a community’s life?
- What have you done to take greater responsibility for your work life?
- How have you improved your life materially over the past 12 months? [That is, what have you physically added to your home, property and possessions?]
- What have you done to meet your emotional needs?
- What have you done this year towards deepening your spiritual life?
- What have you done this year towards improving your physical well being?
- Have you learned more about your ancestral culture?
- Have you done anything over the past 12 months about learning more about the ancestral cultures of persons in the various communities where you work and live?
- What have you done this year to learn new ways of working and doing things?
- “To teach is to learn twice.” What teaching have you done this year?
- What have you done this year to make yourself less dependent?
- Have you made a positive difference in anyone’s life this year? At home and at work?
- How many marks out of ten do you deserve for adding value to your life this year?
The final question sums up this entire evaluation, your personal mark should tell you where you are and where you need to be. Are you living or merely existing?
Featured image by Pexels